The "Course Usage" page allow you to add a new course and associate
- Assets that are used in the course
- Participants that joined the course
- Staff Members that facilitated the course
You can assigned various attributes to the course such as course type, entity location , event location , course discipline , start time, end time to the course.
All of the course attributes are customisable in the Settings page.
Both "Created by Staff Member" and "Last Edited By Staff Member" fields are automatically filled and updated each time a staff member updated the Course information.
Steps to Create a Course Usage
The below steps occur on the Entry/Editor Form section.
- Click on the "New Course Usage" link on the top left corner.
- Select the desired "Course Type" , "Entity Location", "Event Location", "Course Discipline" from the drop down.
- Set the "Start Time" and "End Time" with "End Time" must be greater than "Start Time"
- Click "Next". Note up to this step, nothing has been saved yet.
- On the next page, enter Asset Number in the "Assets" box. An automatic drop down will be displayed with assets start with the inputted number.
- Click "Add & Save" button next to it to add the selected Asset to the Asset list. Note the course usage are now saved when this button is clicked, this is proved by the Course Usage ID that is now assigned to the Course Usage.
- Repeate Step 6 to add Participants and Staff Members to the course.
- Click the cross image to remove specific item from the list.
- If you do not wish to associate any Asset, Participant and Staff Member to the Course, you can click the Save button to save the Course Usage information.
Steps to Update a Course Usage
Updating a course usage is identical to creating it. To bring up the course usage to update,
- In the Filter Form section, filter to the desired asset and the staff member who attended it.
- Click the "Search" button. A table will be shown with the existing course usage in it. When no table is shown, it means there is no course usage for the specific asset or staff member.
- Click the Select link on the left hand side of the table.
- The selected course usage will be loaded to the Entry/Editor Form.